Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Once upon a time...

Hello everyone and welcome to the Sweet Peaks Ice Cream blog. First of all, let us introduce ourselves if you don't already now us. Sweet Peaks is the brain child of two completely different kind of people who just happen to be equally amazing in their own little ways. Oh, and they happen to be engaged at the current moment in time. Hooray! But lets rewind a bit to the development of Sweet Peaks. First, the lovely Marissa Keenan. A wonderful lady I must say, who at the turn of her 20th birthday developed a new found and undying love for ice cream. She started daydreaming of starting an ice cream sandwich business. One where the ice cream was homemade and natural. One where the cookies where unique in flavor with creamy ice cream pressed between them. So what happened you ask? Life happened. Marissa finished college, got an awesome artsy job rubbing elbows with the gift industry elite. Did some traveling, forgot about the ice cream business and went out one evening for a local downtown art walk and met a dashing young man. Yup, you guessed it. Sam. Sam always liked a good ice cream, we all do right? Never thought I would be starting an ice cream business, but I will say, I ALWAYS have cookies around. It's more of a wake up in the middle of the night addiction. Fact of the matter is, I always have a stash in the back of the cupboard, hidden from Aria (my daughter (5 yrs), who I'm sure you'll be seeing around the blog posts in the future). Aside from the cookies... I am... shall I say a handy man. Handy man Sam. Not in the sense that I'm mister fix it. I'm a decent builder and will fix it, or attempt to, but I mean in the sense that I love working with my hands. I can't do the 9-5 for the man, I tried, I really did, for 5 years in the mortgage business. Some people are just made of different flavors I guess. I love to paint and you'll often find me creating new forms of art. I do a good job at selling my art so far and one day hope to have a gallery, maybe. The future is limitless and right now ice cream is on the menu. I'll do anything if it suites my fancy. I make my mom a table runner every year for Christmas. You get the point. Currently I'm having a blast using my creativeness to build Sweet Peaks Ice Cream Shop. After Marissa and Sam met that night strolling around the art walk, they fell in love, bought a house, then freaked out about settling down. So like any ordinary person they shot for the moon and landed in the small mountain town of Whitefish Montana. Taking Marissa's earlier idea and years of making the best damn ice cream out of her home ice cream maker, some financial investment from ma and pa (thank you!), and a lot of belief in ourselves, we found a location. 419 1/2 3rd St. E. Whitefish MT, (hence the current blog header). Marissa... she is the brain, she's organized, she's business, she's a people person, this idea is her baby that I am somewhat adopting with her. Sam...I am the creative direction, marketing, promoting, giving free samples of delicious ice cream to the kiddos etc... We could not do this with out each other. So, without further ado I present, Sweet Peaks Ice Cream. This blog is for all you who aspire to do what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment